Ever stumped about what to talk about with your children? I am. The following are 5 great questions from the National Fatherhood Initiative that will help connect parents to their children and their children’s world:
- What Is The Most Important Thing That Happened Today? This is a great way to get more than a yes or no answer when you ask about your child’s life and day.
- How Are You And Your Friends Getting Along? You’ll get to know your child’s social circle and may get a heads up on drama that could be brewing and may cause some later problems.
- What Is Something I Should Know About You? This question is great for growing any relationship – and you’re guaranteed to learn something surprising. Just be prepared to have an answer, too!
- What Should We Celebrate Today? Make it a goal to have fun with your kids and bring joy into your family’s life on a regular basis. It can be as simple as popsicles on the back porch, a good grade on a quiz, or your favorite show being on TV. Savor the little things together.
- Do You Know That I Love You? You can never say this too much. Always tell your kids you love them – and for who they are, not just for what they do.